How Much Is Your Home Worth?…
Are you thinking about selling and would like to know the price range of what similar properties in your area sold for? You can click here to get a custom report sent to you. There’s no cost, and no commitment to work with us!
When it comes to selling your property, the Point B Investment Real Estate Team will walk you through every step of the way. With our exceptional skills, abundant experience, and superb marketing knowledge, we are confident that we can sell your home for the highest possible price in the shortest period of time. Our outstanding team is made up of successful professionals who have all the right tools to meet the demands of today’s highly competitive market. Here are 7 Steps to selling your home that you may find helpful.
1. Contact us to determine when is the best time to sell your home: Your home is probably one of your biggest assets in your investment portfolio. It is only advisable to choose the best team who has the experience, the market expertise, and a proven marketing campaign that can help you get more than market value. In real estate, timing can influence your home’s selling price. Factors like how quickly you need to sell, whether it’s a buyers or sellers market and seasonality all play a role in your home’s final selling price. Unlike other Realtors, we will discuss with you in detail why you want to sell and discover what your financial goals are first in order to help you determine when the right time is for you to sell.
2. Determine your home’s asking price The right asking price will attract buyers and pay you a maximum return. Setting too low a price means you could miss out on thousands of dollars. Setting too high a price will scare away buyers. Your goal is to find fair market value. We will deliver a comparative market analysis of your home to help you determine your home’s asking price.
3. Sign a Listing Agreement If you find us helpful so far and would like us to help you sell your home, the next step is to sign a listing agreement with us. This authorizes us, and our brokerage to market and sell your home. It will define the legal relationship between you and the real estate brokerage and also set a time limit for us to sell your home.
4. Prepare your home for sale First impressions matter. Now is the time to see your home through a buyer’s eyes: get rid of the clutter, clean and repair as much as you can, within reason. We will assist you with staging your home, getting professional photos and videos done to get your home “show home” ready. Your home looks great and now it’s time for us to market it to potential buyers. This happens with a “For Sale” sign, open houses, a listing on the MLS®, Facebook ads, and through our website. Our online marketing efforts are designed to put your house in front of potential buyers 24/7.
5. Prepare your finances Will the buyer “assume” your mortgage or are you “discharging” it? If you’re buying a new home, is your mortgage “portable”? What taxes are involved? These are details to ask your mortgage lender and your notary public or lawyer.
6. Receive an offer Although we will walk you through the process, be prepared for some stress. You will see every offer since it’s required that we show you every offer that’s submitted. You will have three options: you can accept, you can reject or you can “sign back” or “counter”. Ask us what these terms mean. We’re here to help!
7. Close the deal You accepted an offer, and you’ve almost reached the finish line, but it’s not quite a done deal yet. Immediately start satisfying any conditions of the agreement that require action on your part. Contact your lawyer or notary public, contact your lending institution and let us know the name and contact information of your lawyer or notary who will be handling the sale. On closing day, your lawyer or notary public will finalize all the details and give you a cheque for the net proceeds. Success!
Get started today!